- Out-of-hours serviceTo reach the on-call doctor, call 1733.
From now, you are able to visit the new GP out-of-hours post next to the Heilig Hart Leuven Emergency Department.
- Opening hours: on weekdays from 6 pm to 8 am. During the weekend and on holidays, the GP post is open continuously.
- Parking: Q-Park Heilig Hart, Naamsestraat 102, 3000 Leuven.
- Address: Hendrik Consciencestraat 33, 3000 Leuven (kiss & ride only).
- Flu vaccination: as in previous years, from mid-October until the end of November, we foresee the possibility of having you vaccinated with the flu vaccine that you can pick up at the pharmacy. You book a slot ‘flu vaccination’ in the agenda. These slots are reserved for the placement of the flu vaccine. For all other matters (prescriptions, questions, …) you can book a regular consultation.
- HPV vaccine Gardasil also reimbursed for boys. Until recently, only girls were entitled to reimbursement. Since August 1st, GARDASIL® 9 is also reimbursed for boys from 12 to 18 years (€12,80/syringe). Contact us for more information.
- Electronic prescribing
Medication prescriptions are only transmitted electronically. You can consult the prescriptions drawn up on myhealth.be (health data > my medicines > my pending medication prescriptions)
Attention: Teleconsultations are reserved for patients with their global medical record (GMD) in our practice.
- For COVID related questions or complaints: you book a telephone consultation and will be called during the day.
- For the issue of repeat prescriptions if you have come for a consultation in the past 6 months: you indicate the prescriptions you need in the reason for the appointment. As soon as these are sent electronically, you will receive a confirmation by mail.
- For all other questions, you can call us every afternoon between 1 pm and 1:30 pm.
- For follow-up of chronic conditions
- For the preparation of prescriptions of physical therapy (also in case of prolongation of known condition)
- For preventive examinations (this also includes the preparation of certificates of good health, for example, for sporting activities).
- For drawing up referral letters to specialists.
- For all other infections (not respiratory related, think of stomach flu, skin infections, eye infections, …).
Home visits can be requested by telephone before noon, but are always reserved for immobile patients.
Information concerning COVID
- Request COVID results and vaccination data
- Request COVID certificate: covidsafe.be
- Travel advice:
- Travel advice: diplomatie Belgium or Re-open EU
- Measures to be taken to set off en get back safely: www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
- PCR test for travel: you can generate a CTPC code yourself at www.mijngezondheid.be and make an appointment at our practice or at the testing center in de Brabanthal (https://leuven.be/en/test). You can request both the free tests (max. 2, from the age of 6 years, if you have not yet been fully vaccinated) and additional, paying tests this way.
- If you have any questions regarding travel, you can book a telephone consultation.
To make an appointment with your general practitioner, we kindly ask you to book an appointment online.
There will appear some vacant spots on the day itself, so you can visit the doctor as soon as possible in case of sickness. If there is not an appointment suitable for you, you can always call us to discuss.
In case of an emergency, you can call our practice. In order to avoid disturbing the consultation, we kindly ask you trying to call during our daily telephone contact moment. These are the hours for both doctors:
|Dr. Inge Vandenbempt||Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday||13 – 13.30 h|
|Dr. Gilbert Vandenbempt||Monday and Thursday||13 – 13.30 h|
The general practitioner on duty can be reached at 1733.
- During the week from 7 pm to 8 am.
- During the weekend from Friday 7 pm to Monday 8 am.
In life-threatening cases, call the ambulance at 112.
The pharmacy on duty can be found at apotheek.be or by calling the paying number 0903/99 000.
We advise you to visit our practice, considering we are better equipped and have more treatment options. However, if you are unable to make it you can request a home visit by calling 016/402914. Please request your home visit before 11 a.m.